• http://www.amazon.com/The-Thomases-Road-Realization-ebook/dp/B009BATQUA/

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

GOD-Parts or a whole..?

My third flight was a miracle. I took a pill for nausea but there is no pill for panic! But fortunately for me the third seat which was for my baby was not alongside mine and so a pastor was seated there. He had just been moved and so I chose not to shuttle him back and put my baby on my lap. I told him of my previous bad flight experiences and he helped distract me by talking on spiritual things. His efforts worked!

I really felt that when inner resources fail, God still helps by giving an external aid. The pastor with his steady eyes and calm demeanor, held my attention when it began wavering by the movements. It is true that God is in us but sometimes we need the God in others.

We talked about my manuscript on answers for skeptics in religion for which I could not finding a publisher. He told me that maybe my book isn't ready and that I should consider if there is anything to be added to it. When I reached home, my sis in law had a book waiting for me, 'Christ in Ancient Indian Thought' by Dr. Koshy Abraham(she seems to supply me with resources, regarding books this was the second book she provided, the earlier one was also at another opportune moment!).

Though I parted with the book before reading it from the biginning, I did manage to start and read till the second chapter and one line in the second chapter struck me, 'Parmatma...has a spiritual congregation for consultation'. This line from the book took me to a disconnected stream of thought linked to a query I had long back on the reality of sidhi. SIDHI- is a hindi term and means gaining mastery over one of certain powers of God and using it. In right hands it can benefit, in wrong hands it can harm. It was confusing then as it implied that God is not an individual power and his different powers can be tapped without his will. I couldn't understand it then, but I can understand it now comparing with the example of how Jesus turned around and asked, 'who touched my cloak' There were many who had touched but only one had drawn from his power and got well. It therefore does seem possible to draw from the powers of God but only a pious soul is worthy of gaining this knowledge of mastering some powers, the knowledge of which I have heard is provided in Atharva Veda . Just like stealing a cable connection, it is possible to steal the power without paying by a pious life. That is when this tantric vidya can be misused being in unworthy hands. That thought process spurred by a line in the book cleared my confusion of how a good power can end up in bad hands and how it could be possible that individual powers can be tapped. The statement in the mentioned book -that God has a spiritual congregation for consultation, meant -the father son and holy spirit I guess, but I have read into it a deviant or deeper meaning. Come to think of it, quite like our country India which has many states with individual administration but the whole Indian peninsula is not really divided by any real barriers to distinguish the different states; God is One with many powers which are part of a whole, and yet each part, each power can be very distinct...

2 comments:

Fhermission said...

Remember Jerly a parable of Jesus about the widow who persevere until justice was done? Luke 18: 1-8...
This had been one of the most puzzling parable to me...Jesus is teaching us here to persevere in prayer But there is something more in this...
The parable ended with a question from Jesus "However when the Son of man come, will He find faith on the earth?"
Although it seems there are other possible ways, to received justice...there is an ultimate Justice to be serve. Although there seems to be other means to get God's power in the end God's power will prevail.
Now...
When the hemorrhagic woman touch Jesus, she did it out of faith and superstition. The superstition part was what Jesus tried to avoid...so He had to look for the woman. Jesus had to confirmed what healed her, your faith has healed you...Jesus did not said you are healed because you touched me. Jesus could have ignored the touch if his ultimate purpose was to heal her but to Jesus the important thing is to recognized what truly happened. Then...
The story was followed afterwards by a centurion who asked also for a healing to his servant, this time Jesus have to announce to everyone the kind of faith that everyone must follow.
Why? Bcoz the man asked Jesus "Only say the word and he shall be healed..."
Jesus was so happy "Hey listen everyone this is the kind of faith that you should imitate!"
The woman had an amazing faith too, isn't it? But why did Jesus said nothing about that kind of faith?

Jerly said...

"Although there seems to be other means to get God's power in the end God's power will prevail."Loved this line. Hmm lots to think about in the points you put forth...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...