• http://www.amazon.com/The-Thomases-Road-Realization-ebook/dp/B009BATQUA/

Monday, October 1, 2012

Who Am I


When at the crossroads where I have to choose;
I ask-who am I?
And  I choose what is true to my being;
And pass the other by
When I feel I am wrong, and gone with what desired
It is still who I am
All what I could not do without;
It was better than to die...

I am when I can be, 
all that I want to give
I am the one who lives,
 when my spirit is full fire

The out held hands come many
But want not all I am
 I have to pass them by, 
say a hundred times goodbye.
And hold only to a hope..
 that does not choose to die
..for a heart, who knows, and calls,
                                                                          to all of ‘who am I’

10 comments:

rigzin said...

..you are a wonderful writer..loved this piece..
..poetry is coming out of one's own cocoon..and u have wonderfully done that...

deeps said...

glad to have done the 'pushing' to another post.

most intriguing question ha?

i like 2 answers:

from Bible, 'I am who I am'
and
Descartes' 'Cogito ergo sum'

JANU said...

Nice one.

Debra said...

Oh girl, tell it!
The poet has arrived!

side note on what deeps said...
I'll take "I am who I am" any day over "I think, therefore I am." We don't exist because of what we think, but because of who we were created to be: ourselves.

Jerly said...

:) Thanks Rigzin, Deeps, Janu and Debra for appreciating

Rahul Bhatia said...

This poetry was really nice one! Way to go , Jerly:)

irene @ inspiration.from.the.little.things said...

This is so beautiful, Jerly. We can only live this life fully if we remain true to ourselves -- our self which we can never fool. ❤ :-)

Devilish Angel said...

Nicely written...

Harvee Lau said...

Reveals your innermost conflicts and thoughts. Very nice.

Green Speck said...

Beautifully explored ... loved it !!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...