• http://www.amazon.com/The-Thomases-Road-Realization-ebook/dp/B009BATQUA/

Monday, October 1, 2012

Who Am I


When at the crossroads where I have to choose;
I ask-who am I?
And  I choose what is true to my being;
And pass the other by...
When I feel I am wrong, and have gone with what I desired,
I don't regret ...
It is still who I am.
All what I could not do without;
It was better , than to die...

I am, when I can be
all that I want to give.
I am the one who lives,
 when my spirit is full fire.

The out held hands come many
But want not all that I am
 I have to pass them by, 
say a hundred times goodbye.
And hold only to a hope..
 that does not choose to die
..for a heart, who knows, and calls,
                                                                          to all of ‘who I am’

9 comments:

Rigzin Namgyal said...

..you are a wonderful writer..loved this piece..
..poetry is coming out of one's own cocoon..and u have wonderfully done that...

deeps said...

glad to have done the 'pushing' to another post.

most intriguing question ha?

i like 2 answers:

from Bible, 'I am who I am'
and
Descartes' 'Cogito ergo sum'

JANU said...

Nice one.

Debra said...

Oh girl, tell it!
The poet has arrived!

side note on what deeps said...
I'll take "I am who I am" any day over "I think, therefore I am." We don't exist because of what we think, but because of who we were created to be: ourselves.

Jerly said...

:) Thanks Rigzin, Deeps, Janu and Debra for appreciating

Rahul Bhatia said...

This poetry was really nice one! Way to go , Jerly:)

Irene said...

This is so beautiful, Jerly. We can only live this life fully if we remain true to ourselves -- our self which we can never fool. ❤ :-)

Harvee said...

Reveals your innermost conflicts and thoughts. Very nice.

Amrit Sinha said...

Beautifully explored ... loved it !!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...