• http://www.amazon.com/The-Thomases-Road-Realization-ebook/dp/B009BATQUA/

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Two Worlds




1. "The Think Sleep" was adapted from a photograph(from a photo collection of my brother which I often refer for inspiration) in which I liked the way the child seemed to be thinking in sleep. Sleep time is a world of its own, strange dreams, different lands, and often a place where the thoughts of the day are arranged and settled...all ready for the other world..the one that opens when the eyes do....
2. "The Play Universe" This is the Universe of Kids, where everything is larger, is different. The curtain may become the window to a world like the one "Alice" visited. There are fairies, there are dwarfs...

and all these are so much more fun when there is a like minded friend to travel the wonderland with... (This is a picture of my girl and her friend)

Colour Portraits I love doing faces. I love doing wrinkles too. It makes the face more fun to work on with lot of shading to do! The first colour portrait I did, I think was of my paternal grandmother and the medium was poster. That was during school. She turned out slighly dusky where she had been reasonably fair! But the wrinkles and eyes were perfect if I may say so myself. I could see her departed soul in those eyes...My mom decided it wont give her rest so I don't have it now. The next was at the wish of my much loved hostel warden during graduation, Dr Aruna Parihar, a poster colour portrait of her. But I rather liked the crayon coloured portrait of her better which I did as a parting gift for her. The next was a request for a portrait in oil and now this wasn't something I could mess up! So I learnt the basics of oil portrait for one month at a Kala Kendra and managed a good one! With regard to portrait in water, I have only the memory of a book by Milind Mullick (on water colour in general). But I have to say study of the way a medium works is necessary and I wish someday I will understand water colour better...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

well Jerly, I enjoyed your blog like reading a memoir! In short, you've mentioned your artistic journey to your readers. I agree, that you need to understand water color, i think, a basic medium for any painters...! Water paintings are beautiful, easy to handle, fragile and tough at the same time..., although it's difficult to be a Master in any medium but it can be in our hands to become a beginner...!

Fhermission said...

I agree with Maheshwar. All had been said. Just to add, just be brave in handling watercolor....

Jerly said...

Thank you both, useful suggestions. Yeah Maheshwar, they are easy and tough at the same time!! ANd yeah Fher, its so imp to take the risk. I think I avoid the risk and have a tendency to go for the dry brush !!

Kalyan Panja said...

Nice work...beautiful!

Jerly said...

Thank u Kalyan :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...